Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Can you name this famous piece of gothic art?

It has been awhile since I have seen this piece of art, so my memory might be flawed. I'm pretty sure it was painting with a skeleton in a suit with an umbrella and a bunch of small children around him. The artist has a funny name that suits his art. I'm pretty sure his name reminded me of "grim" or "gloom" or something that sounded like that. I think the work is a painting, but it might be a sketch. I last saw the art on a tote bag in the Art Institute of Chicago. I am pretty sure that is where the painting is located. Any help with this would be great... thanks!

Can you name this famous piece of gothic art?
If you do an image search for "Edward Gorey" you will find that picture and many more like it, great stuff!
Reply:edward gorey


http://www.adventureadvocate.gr/html/int...


No comments:

Post a Comment